Looking for something?
CategoriesAnnouncements Biology Body Image Books Chelsie Cooking Crafty Culture Daily Happy Daily Style Daily Think Decorating DIY Elsewhere Ethics Fashion Reading Fashion Thoughts Fashion Timeline Feminism FFB Fun gardening Giveaways Glasses Guest Post Hair Help and Advice History IFB Inspiration Interior Design In the News Jewelry Katie Knitting Life Links Makeup Millie Music Nerdy Playlist Politics Pretty Things Random Recipe Repurposing Resources Roundtable Sarah Scarves Science Seasons Sewing Shoes Silly The Interrobangs Thoughts Thrift Thrifting Travel Uncategorized Wedding
- @figwiggin Man, they made ice cream out of *everything* on that show. Let the internet know how it goes! -M 8 months ago
- @figwiggin Aaaaah that is like the soundtrack to late highschool for me. That and Twice Removed. -M 8 months ago
- @CAwkward OMG YES. -M 10 months ago
- RT @minh81: My piece on the racial and gender content & context of fashion blogger poses! RT @hyphenmagazine: Pose this Way http:// ... 11 months ago
- RT @qikipedia: Mathematics, rightly viewed, posses not only truth, but supreme beauty - BERTRAND RUSSELL 11 months ago
Interested in having us review your product?Have a look at our review and giveaway policy!
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
You can share our work, as long as you attribute it to its original author and you do not use it for commercial purposes.
So, what’s worse: That I designed an American Girl doll that looks like me, or that I really want her outfit?
I love how customize-able the American Girl collection is becoming, but it in no way makes up for them “retiring” Felicity, Samantha, and Kirsten. Not cool, America(n Girl Dolls), not cool.
I’ve been in Germany for a month and a half now, and I keep wishing this would happen:
But in German, obviously.
Instead, this is all that keeps running through my brain:
But at least I’m not as bad as these guys:
Oxblood (cough…burgundy…cough) is one of the *it* colors this season. A gorgeous color, but EVERY TIME I see it, all I hear is this:
Please, God, tell me that I have not inspired something burgundy.
And on that note, if you’ve not seen Kinky Boots, get thee to a Netflix/Blockbuster (do we still have those?)/library/or Germany (I’ll lend you my copy).
Jean jacket: Gap (sooo old) | Skirt: Gap (not so old) | Scarf and Hat (matching!): S. Oliver | Tights: Manguun | Shoes: Hush Puppies
[An ode to German strumpfhosen is forthcoming. I never owned any tights, and now I own 8 pair. The Germans have created miracles in tights-form.]
Every other week or so, The Rocket Scientist and I try to take a day trip somewhere. This time it was to Breisach, a beautiful but apparently forgettable city. Forgettable because I asked T.R.S. at least seven times while we were there, “where are we again?”
But we saw a Munster (cathedral), a witches’ tower, some snobbish French swans that wouldn’t come and visit the German side of the Rhine, and I took far too many pictures of beautiful doors and one picture of T.R.S.’s cute backside (clothed) next to a statue’s cute backside (unclothed). He’s not letting me post that one online, but the man can’t control what I make my laptop’s background!
France (and its snobby swans) are over there.
Both the cute bums are there, trust me.
Heading home on the train.
Today The Rocket Scientist is one year older. I hope this is a trend he plans on continuing.
Happy birthday, m’love! Let the adventure continue.
Happy Halloween, everyone! Halloween isn’t really done in Germany, so there’s no fun dressing up today. I do plan, however, on taking chocolate to my German language class. Which will, no doubt, lead to another lecture by my instructor on why American are all so fat…
The Rocket Scientist and I honeymooned our way through Canada, with stops in Toronto, Quebec City, and Montreal. Here’s what I discovered at a rest stop in Quebec:
2) Humidity + short, curly hair doesn’t always work
3) T.R.S. Would Lose a Dinosaur Wrestling Match
4) Canada’s mis-guided belief that “dill pickle” is an acceptable flavor for ANYTHING continues.
5) That T.R.S. LIKES dill pickle as a flavor. I don’t know who I married…
6) That it’s a good thing to marry someone who wears roughly the same shirt size you do, because then you can steal their shirts and double both your wardrobes. I think this is an excellent plan, but I haven’t been able to convince T.R.S. to wear any of my shirts yet…
- Shirt – The Rocket Scientists, via JCrew (actually his wedding shirt!)
- Cardigan – thrifted
- Pants – Foxy
- Invisible shoes – Dansko