- Purple sweater – gift from Mum
- Black dress – thrifted
- Buffalo check scarf – thrifted
- Black leggings – Target
- Purple socks (you can’t see ‘em, but they match the sweater and that makes me happy) – Target
- Red button earrings – self-made
- Black belt – thrifted (with the tags still on it, for $2.99 when they were still being sold at Target for $25.99!)
- Boots – Trotters
Last week Rebecca commented that she thought I’d stopped wearing glasses because you almost never see them in my photos. Since I usually take my photos in the morning, and like to walk around like a bleary-eyed bat for as long as possible, it’s usually that I just haven’t put on my glasses yet. However, there’s a little bit of vanity at play, too. I love wearing glasses and do so exclusively, but I think I look better without them. So in trying to capture the best photos of myself, I didn’t omit the glasses on purpose, but neither did I correct their absence.
But I have to ask myself, are photos of a glasses-less Katie really the best photos of myself? They’re pictures of me with an important aesthic piece missing: I wear glasses. And since I don’t see a ton of style blogs out there in which the individuals wear glasses everyday (although when you do you look fabulous), that’s a niche that deserves my participation.
So from now on: Katie in her glasses. Don’t get too excited, there are only two pairs, but they’re both cute!
As for the outfit, a lot of the lovelies participating in the 30 for 30 have been putting sweaters over dresses. My Swiss cheese brain can’t remember who, so I’m just going to say that you all inspired me. Every one of you.
For more glasses goodness:
- Listen to Lisa Loeb, the cat’s eye goddess
- Watch The Girls with Glasses
- Read Eyeglasses Retrospective: Where Fashion Meets Science
- Wear this adorable eyeglass necklace
This was the first video I ever saw on MTV. I was 13 and I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say that it felt like it changed my life. Her album Tails is at the top of my desert island list, no question.