It is starting to feel like summer, so I’ve decided to start some DIY projects around the house. Here is a selection of what I have in store, and may blog about.
- 2 table lamps – Painting and new shades, possibly DIY fabric (but not the green tea grow it yourself variety)
- 1 Armoire – Painting, distressing and adding shelves
- 2 Canvas chair covers (for a neighbour)
- Painting the trim in the house (I will not subject anyone but myself to this one)
- Painting the master bedroom?
- Construct a bed frame?
- Lots of thrift and garage sale trips (I do those myself, right?!)
Also, I have been finding it easy to keep up a good style that has made me feel confident and good about myself, but I have been linking it to work, but not always dressing my best on weekends. I think I may have to make an effort to link dressing stylishly to everyday, regardless of going to work. I have found that by dressing up I feel better about myself, and my interactions with others. This summer, I will challenge myself to dressing my best everyday, while still keeping comfort in mind.