Yes, I’m a librarian. So I will judge these stereotypes. And because I like judging.
1. Has hair in a bun. There are hardly any librarians wearing their hair in a bun, unless it is a messy bun. But personally, I think it has to be a stylishly done messy bun. Who am I to judge? EVERYONE!
2. Says shh! I admit, I would have to tell rambunctious young-in’s and old-in’s to quiet down, but that’s only because I could hear them cranking their iPod’s way up, or having loud and boring conversations I didn’t feel like listening to. But I never shhh’d in a finger over mouth kind of way.
3. Is meek. What?! In library’s you deal with everyone, from the nice, to the mean, to the indifferent, to the mad and crazy. You need some sort of guts to face these people and the crazy that will ensue. Me, meek – NEVER!
4. Likes cats. I HATE cats. I think they are indifferent and they have claws, claws people! They are also sneaky. I feel like I would try to outsneak them and chaos would ensue. Most librarians I know do not have any crazy cat obsession, though I have met one, but who hasn’t met one of those people, really…
5. Likes order. Who doesn’t?
6. Loves social media. I wouldn’t say I love it, but I am agreeable to it. Are you a fan of your local library on Facebook? I thought so.
7. Wears cardigans. I have two cardigans I generally do not wear. Eh, I don’t agree.
8. Is a leftie. First of all, I’m right handed. Secondly, how do political views count here? I guess agree with the hypothesis that librarian have liberal political views.
9. Likes knitting. What?! I don’t even KNOW how to knit. Also, everyone seems to like knitting these days with the resurgence of arts and crafts, so deem this IRRELEVANT!! P.S. I hate scrapbooking.
10. Has a love of gin. I’m acquiring a taste.