I’m starting my list of things to do while in Germany, but I’d love suggestions from people who’ve actually been there before.
So far I plan to:
- Eat a hamburger in Hamburg
- Eat a frankfurter in Frankfurt
- Nail 95 Theses to a church door (or maybe just my Master’s Thesis)
- Tear down a wall in Berlin
- Eat some black forest cake while in the Black Forest
- Develop a socio-political theory of labor and resource inequality
- Whistle “The Blue Danube” at the mouth of the Danube
- Learn to whistle
- Try to understand the appeal of David Hasselhoff
But what else? I’ll be in the southwestern part of the country, playing at being terribly continental by popping over to Switzerland and France for day trips.