I made some stockings for Christmas gifts. These are the results. Fully lined. I think they turned out nicely.
I had a bit of a fight with my sewing machine at first. The stitches were not coming out even, and the thread carriage kept getting all bungled up with thread and scratched. I finally figured out what I was not using a standard needle but a heavy duty needle (thus the trouble). They really should make the numbers on those easier to read. They kind of all look the same! I will definitely splurge and get the colour coded ones next time. It will save me frustration and time (lots of time).
The solo stocking below is for one individual baby. I gussied it up with some black lace after. The three others above are for S’s cousin (I was going to write Ss, but it looked too much like SS), and his wife. I might still gussy them up with a faux fur around the top. They are going to have a baby in June, so you can’t really buy anything baby yet, so instead we made them a triad of stockings.