Whether we realize it or not, we are all influenced by something, whether it be celebrities, trends or designs of the past. This week’s links a la mode celebrates influencers and the voices we create from our inspiration. As fashion bloggers, we have each other to look for when we are feeling uninspired and this community is something we should never take for granted!
Links à la Mode: July 28st
Alexander Wang Fall Sale at Shopbop: New Dresses , Jackets, Pants, Tee Shirts, Sweaters, Reviews, T by Alexander Wang, Wallets, Black Handbags, Shop Alexander Wang Bags
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine
Fashion: Forever Evolving
Edited by Collette Osuna of Statements in Fashion
Hello everyone! I’m super excited to be making my debut as an IFB Links a la Mode Editor this week. As I visited each link, I was reminded that each had the exact thing in common with the next, that Fashion is Forever Evolving.
From your Mothers fashion advice, a beauty “how to” video, or a legendary icons passing, fashion is always changing and taking form in a new shape. I am constantly thriving to acquaint myself with the “fashion unfamiliar.” This weeks links did just that for me. I’m thrilled to be a new member of the IFB family and cannot wait to see everyone’s posts throughout the upcoming year!
Links à la Mode: March 31st
Costume Drama: A Break From All Things Outfit
Edited by: Holier than Now
It’s the Halloween season, when some of us choose to experience the thrill (or horror) of looking nothing like ourselves for a night. For those of you who blog or socially post your outfits, perhaps it’s a chance to take a break from the judgmental eye of the spotlight (consider Love Brown Sugar and One More‘s pieces on the subject) – one night where you turn in “looking good” for looking scary, time period-accurate, or just … a little sexier than usual. Inspired? Find last minute costume inspiration from Tickle Me Chic and more.
And for those of us who don’t celebrate the witching hour, there’s still a chance to step away from the closet and remind ourselves that great lingerie, shoes, bags, and jewels can make even a white tee and jeans look scary good.
Interrobang Note: We’re occasionally submitting posts to the Independent Fashion Bloggers’ weekly Links à la Mode compilation, and this week Millie’s post on gender roles in fashion blogging was included! Here’s the entire list:
Working the new season with fabulous new discoveries: Influences, Impressions, and Interpretations of Fashion and what it all means
It is without a doubt that fashion makes the world go round. Just last week, Fashion’s Night Out helped revive the economy, fashion week’s across the world bring together old friends, new friends, and those in between. Technology fused with fashion now offers inside perspectives- once only exclusively shared. Adding to this breath of fashion are those who blog.
This week’s roundup offers a retrospect of fashion as New York Fashion Week comes to a close, designers have teased us with what’s to come, and the world comes back to life- the fashion blogger’s mind only now begins to race with influences, impressions, and interpretations of Fall Fashion and what it all means…
- Amanda Brohman: How the nerds(and their style) conquered the fashion world:
- Amanda Lee Dot Org: How to Make High Heels Bearable
- Denim Debutante: Wearing White AFTER Labor Day
- Dirty Hems: Fashion is a Tramp: the cyclical nature of cultural appropriation in fashion, particularly pertaining to the homeless & “hobo-chic”
- Dramatis Personae: Fall Fantasy Lookbook- the bits and pieces I’m coveting for Fall ’10
- Fashioncents: 3 guidelines for wearing or not wearing socks with shoes. It’s time we all got on the right foot with this one.
- For Those About to Shop: So much invaluable information at the IFB conference. I decided to take Gala’s advice and write my first “how to”:
- Grechen Blogs: how to make your fashion blog more user-friendly
- Houndstooth and Tortoiseshell: So, how do you make it in the fashion industry: Real life advice on how to break into the fashion biz from a successful runway producer.
- Interrobangs Anonymous: Gender roles in fashion blogging:
- Mimosas in Bed: The big apple gets evolved
- Pretty Shiny Sparkly: The Thrift Virgin – One girl’s deflowering when it comes to thrift shopping fashion.
- Previously Owned: Exclusivity vs. availability: New media taking over?
- SLSVGG Fashion: The best bits of London’s Fashion Night Out
- Style Eyes Fashion: Join the evolution for a new fashion democracy – do you get fed up with being told what you ‘must have for the season ahead’ here’s how to end the dictatorship and have your say.
- Style Spotting: Fashion’s Night Out in LA with celeb stylist Taylor Jacobson and her collaboration with Kasil denim. Loved her hot rocker chic!
- The Curvy Fashionista: My Fall 2010 Luxe(wish)list- aka my birthday wishlist
- The Lingerie Addict: Should You Buy Your Lingerie Online or In Stores? A brief guide to knowing the best place to buy your most intimate fashions.
- The Little Curly Girl: The camel coat is one of the most talked about pieces for Fall 2010. Will you be wearing one this season?
- Your Saving Style: A Thought About Real Women