- Dress – thrifted
- Scarves – thrifted
- Belt – thrifted
- Shoes – Soft Walk
I could only love this outfit more if it were covered in chocolate sauce. In fact, I love it so much I came up with a list of why. Yep, I’m that kind of nerd.
- Color triads for the win! This triadic combination of a primary blue, secondary green and tertiary red makes me happy. And also reminds me of the pixels on old CRT televisions when you would lean in far too close to the picture.
- The softness and fluidity of the scarves are such a beautiful visual and textural juxtaposition to the structure of the shift dress
- It moves so well!
- Tying two scarves together gives you the length of a long scarf without the accompanying bulk
- It’s an amalgam of two other outfits. Fashion recycling!
- The soundtrack of the photo shoot (see below).
Here in the mountains, we don’t have “late summer,” we have “grasshopper season.” The ground and grass and weeds become so full of the little (and decidedly not-so-little) hoppers that a seemingly empty and calm field will explode in a flurry of wings the minute you set foot in it.
Trust me, they’re in there.
This is one of the times I wish we could hear photographs, because every click of the camera was accompanied by a cacophony of pops, whirls, thuds, chirps, pings and the occasional shriek (when one misread directions and went up my dress) as grasshoppers filled the air and came down in crash landings.
I don’t mind grasshoppers outside, but one of my big, irrational fears is being stuck in a car with them. There’s a story behind that fear, and that story is that I was once stuck in a car full of grasshoppers. I don’t recommend it.