Be prepared to be jealous, internet-world. Why? Well, other than the fact that I successfully rocked the socks pulled over jeans and tucked into sandals look today for a work thing (yes, there’s a photo, and no, it will never be seen), this past weekend I got to hang out with Rebekah – the Jaunty Dame herself!
Do you read her blog? Read her blog! This lady is so smart, sassy, thoughtful, interesting and hilarious it almost makes you bitter for there to be so much awesome in one person. But then she’s insanely nice, and you can’t help but adore her.
I first “met” Rebekah when she praised my choice to wear a spider on my head, and I’m pretty sure one of the first comments I left on her blog went something like,
I hope this doesn’t sound weird, but I think we should be friends. Possibly best friends. And eat brownie batter and braid each others’ hair. Cool? Yay!
Rebekah came to my neck o’ the woods with her dashing boyfriend Ian for a wedding, and I was able to steal her away for what was supposed to be breakfast and ended up being six hours. During our lovely morning we:
- Had hot chocolate with our breakfasts (her pancakes much more patriotically decorated than my eggs)
- Drove around fruitlessly looking for wildlife – not even a chipmunk, people
- Delighted over discovering we own(ed) the same keychain
- Talked about religion and family and boyfriends who make corny science and/or music jokes
- Got scolded by my condescending GPS system “Thomasina”
- Remembered the movie The Three Lives of Thomasina
- Got lost looking for thrift stores and then found them where they weren’t supposed to be (Thomasina lied!)
- Looked at beautiful American Indian art and artifacts
- Determined the best ice cream flavor (mint chocolate chip)
- Agreed on why Tim Burton shouldn’t be allowed to remake movies
- Schemed about turning a hotel closet into a secret hideout
- Speculated about the nature of ghosts and how businesses monetize on people’s love of the macabre
- Eavesdropped on people through walls
- Reminisced about singing
- Debated our favorite musicals
- Had an all-’round fantastic time
In fact, we had so much fun we forgot to take any photos until I was skedaddling out the door so Rebekah could get ready for the wedding. You’d think after a day out walking in the cold and wind we’d both look unkempt, but nope, only me.
Thanks for the fantastic day, darling!